Tuesday, November 3, 2009
When will Safari catch up with Firefox? ...
A little constructive criticism if I may...
For ease of use, it seems to me that Firefox beats Safari hands-down in some areas.
One example - the bookmarks bar. On Safari, you click on a drop-down list of bookmarks, and if you want to move on to another you have to deselect the first one and click on the next one. Two clicks. On Firefox you just move your mouse over the next drop-down and it... drops down. Genius!
Another example. Want to re-order the items in a bookmark menu? With Safari you have to click on "show all bookmarks" then click on the relevant bookmark folder then the sub-folder (I keep my bookmarks in categories) then the bookmark itself and drag it to the new position... then you have to leave "show all bookmarks" to get back to browsing. On Firefox, you can re-order them from the drop-downs themselves by dragging. Simple!
As I'm using the latest version of everything on all 3 of my MacBook Pros, it must be Safari.
If any Safari developers read this, they are areas I'd recommend looking at!
Orignal From: When will Safari catch up with Firefox? ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment