Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Open DNS? Why do we have to do this, ...



I'm one of the folks who has been experiencing this inexplicable hanging/not loading web pages and slower connection since I upgraded to Snow Leopard and the new Safari.

I did this DNS thing, which is fine, I understand what it means -
but I never had to do that before, and so I don't understand why I have to do it now, and why isn't my clever computer doing it automatically?
My 67 year old mother would never have known this if I didn't come along and fix it! LOL
So is this something that will be incorporated in a future update so people like my mother don't have to be so savvy, or is this the kind of thing we have to keep doing as new things get added?

Is this the only thing that is making my Safari hang on some websites that weren't hanging before all the new updates? Is there some other reason? I've done nothing new to my connection, it's the same DSL as before, and my ISP seems to show no problems at all.

Thank you for your help.


Orignal From: Open DNS? Why do we have to do this, ...

No comments:

Post a Comment