Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mysterious downloads in 4.0.3 ...



Hello, has anyone encountered this:

Since downloading the latest Safari 4.0.3 update, when I am visiting a website, well, it seems to only be isolated to the USA Today website that I have found, but when I click to read a story, that new page loads, but after a moment or so, the Downloads window appears showing that it is downloading a 'Desktop-#-1' (the # is a sequential number that has started at 1, but with each new mysterious download, increases by one... I'm now at 'Desktop-9-1'), but nothing really seems to have been downloaded, nothing appears on my desktop, nor a Finder window opening up displaying anything. Plus, after one 'downloads', it's only a moment later, that another download commences, and this may occur up to three times in a row (like I wrote above, each additional download's name increases sequentially, so that the latest reads 'Desktop-9-1').

I am concerned about this and naturally am worried about what it is that is somehow, and somewhere, being downloaded onto my computer. Anyone else encountered this or know what it is all about?

Thank you for any information, and all the best to you.
JPH


Orignal From: Mysterious downloads in 4.0.3 ...

No comments:

Post a Comment